Everyone needs some support! At the Adult Campus, we have a Student Support Office available to students. The Student Support counsellors are Jeanne (Jan) Beauregard and Rob Newman.
To speak with Jeanne please call (306) 523-3655 or Rob (306) 523-3650.
Student Support Services - GOOGLE CLASSROOM join code - tln7eai
Our Student Support Office is located on the main floor.
The Student Support staff offer immediate support and liaison at all times. Students are encouraged to access the office for discussions regarding personal problems, crises, stress, and/or for post-secondary and career planning. All the discussions will be confidential and non-judgmental.
Student Support Services include:
- Class changes, progress reviews, credit checks
- Career planning
- Post-secondary planning: Sask Polytech, University of Regina, trade schools, etc.
- Résumé and cover preparation
- Job search support
- Information or connection to community-based supports, programs and agencies such as: drug and alcohol support groups, parenting and daycare supports, housing supports, sexual health supports, healthy recreation, etc.
- Linkage with government agencies for various programs including financial assistance, corrections, child protection, legal aid, etc.
- Personal crisis counselling, stress management
- Counselling referrals for personal counselling and addictions services
HOW TO ORDER TRANSCRIPTS
You can request copies of your unofficial transcripts from Jeanne or Rob in the Student Support Office.
For final admission to post-secondary institutions, you will need to order an official transcript. To order the official document from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education go to the website :
https://www.k12.gov.sk.ca/etranscript/ . It will cost you $25.00 and you need to have the transcript sent directly from the Ministry of Education to the post-secondary institution. You can request a total of 5 destinations for the $25.00 fee as long as it is done in one transaction.
We recommend that you request one transcript be sent to your home along with your order for the post-secondary institutions. Make sure that you choose for them to be sent “after June exams” so your Quarter 4 marks are included.
Plan to access the Student Support Office for all forms of support. We are here to ensure your well-being. We look forward to meeting with you.
For a list of online resources and community supports check out: https://www.reginapublicschools.ca/guidance_supports
- Anxiety Canada: free resources related to anxiety, depression, and well-being
- Kids Help Phone (free/24 hrs) for mental health information & professional counselling services for youth and young adults (up to 25 years).
- https://kidshelpphone.ca/ or call 1-800-668-6868.
- Mobile Crisis Regina (free/24 hrs) crisis response and counselling
- Regina Crisis & Suicide Line (free/24 hrs)
- 306- 525-5333
- Family Service Regina - Professional counselling (video, phone, email)
- 306-757-6675 or email@example.com
- Planned Parenthood – still offering health services-see website for details
- 306-522-0902 or https://www.plannedparenthoodregina.com/
- Sexual Assault Line (free/24 hrs)
- Social Services Income Assistance
- 211 Saskatchewan website with over 5,000 listings of social, community, non-clinical health, and government services across the province.
- text 211, call 211, or visit www.sk.211.ca
- Saskatchewan Health Line (free/24 hrs)
- Cell phone App: Mind Your Mind - mental health app– helps to educate, cope, de-stress