Many young adults have not completed high school. There are a multitude of factors that contribute to this, many out of the control of the individual student. Our facility aims to provide those adults, aged 18-21, who have not completed high school the opportunity to complete a program that will enhance post-secondary education and career/employment opportunities.
We are committed to providing a mature, adult campus that supports the respective needs of students who are committing themselves to complete their education.
The Allan Blakeney Adult Campus is pleased to offer a variety of programs to assist students in completing or upgrading their Grade 12 courses.
- Day Courses
- Evening Courses
An academic Grade 12 program that requires the completion of seven credits, a minimum of five to be at the 30 level:
- English A30 and English B30
- Social Studies 30, History 30, or Native Studies 30
- one Mathematics at the 20 or 30 level
- one Science at the 20 or 30 level
- two electives at the 30 level
Upgrading for students who have already completed Grade 12 but need to upgrade specific classes for entrance to university or a technical institute.
The Allan Blakeney Adult Campus offers young adults...
- Opportunity to complete & receive a Grade 12 diploma
- Opportunity to upgrade existing Grade 12 marks
- Strong support system
- Mature setting
- Student Support Services for personal, academic and post-secondary planning
- Four quarter system - Students can study 1 or 2 classes per quarter
- Daycare options available
- SWISS worker